Optimizing Mindful Decision Making for Your Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
Attention aspiring yogis!
You've taken a significant step towards searching for the Best Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh. As you proceed, careful consideration is key. Explore our expert guide to find the ideal YTT program that suits your needs.
Every year, the availability of yoga teacher training courses grows, with most countries offering a dozen or more options. Yet, Rishikesh remains a captivating hub as the birthplace of yoga, consistently being a top choice for yoga teacher certification. If you're thinking about yoga training in Rishikesh, this article is a valuable resource to guide you.
Avoid any surprise hiccups on your YTT adventure. Check out some key things to consider before you decide. And for some extra help, dive into our ultimate guide and checklist. It'll help you make a smart call on your yoga teacher training, plus we've got a Top 10 List to add to the mix!
You can find many yoga teacher training in Rishikesh.
With so many Yoga Teacher Training courses in India, it can get a bit overwhelming.
The challenge is to figure out which Yoga Teacher Training School aligns best with your unique journey and goals.
Moreover, most of our 200-hour YTT students, before discovering Alpha Yoga School, have gone through a similar period of uncertainty and self-discovery.
Don't worry, there's no need to stress. We've carefully chosen the 10 best yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, and we're thrilled to present them right here!
Before you dive into the details, we have a confession to make.
We engaged in a bit of lighthearted mischief. We deliberately embarked on a mission to pinpoint imperfections in the top 10 yoga schools in Rishikesh. It's important to note that we truly respect these schools, which is precisely why we selected them. Our intention was to bring you that enlightening "aha!" moment—a moment of revelation that offers fresh insights.
We call these "Things to consider", and we hope they'll be like a lightbulb moment for you.
But hold on a moment, there's even more!
Throughout our search, we stumbled upon one yoga school so remarkably flawless that we couldn't find a single imperfection. And that exceptional institution is... (drumroll, please)...none other than our very own Alpha Yoga School. Yes, we're filled with pride! However, we invite you to challenge us. Go ahead and find anything unclear about our school. If you do manage to spot something, share it with us in the comments below. Your input is invaluable. We genuinely have a constant desire to improve our performance, and your feedback could be the catalyst we need.
So, please, make our day!
List of the 10 Best Yoga Teacher Training Schools in Rishikesh
|Name||Price||Types of training|
|Saraswati Yoga School||$400-2500$||Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga & Vinyasa Flow Yoga|
|Rishikesh Yoga Teacher Training Center||450$-2000$||Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga & Hatha Yoga|
|Raj Yoga Rishikesh||1785€-3570€||Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Iyengar Yoga & Hatha Yoga|
|Hari Om Yoga Vidya School||799$-2800$||Hatha Yoga, Kundalini Yoga & Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga|
|Rishikesh Ashtanga Yoga School||649$-949$||Vinyasa Flow Yoga & Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga|
|Haritha Yogshala||399$ - 1200$||Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga & Vinyasa Flow Yoga|
|Rishikesh Vinyasa Yoga School||1200$ - 1350$||Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga & Vinyasa Flow Yoga|
|Tattvaa Yogashala Rishikesh||1600$ -1900$||Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga & Hatha Yoga|
|Vinyasa Yoga Ashram||799$ -1199$||Multi-style|
|Rishikesh Yogkulam||599$-2699$||Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga & Hatha Yoga|
10 Best Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh in Details
1. Saraswati Yoga School Rishikesh
Set within an ashram, the program transcends conventional textbook teachings. In fact, it prioritizes the development of a strong yogic character and the integration of ethical principles into every student's journey. Also, the esteemed teachers at the ashram stand dedicated to providing consistent support. So, this is an opportunity to not just acquire extensive yoga knowledge but to also foster a comprehensive and genuine yogic immersion.
Things to consider
- The school lacks a social media presence. Indeed this is not necessarily a bad thing, however, social media can be a great tool to gauge your compatibility with the school and its teachers.
- Always research the location you are going to for your yoga teacher training, as well as the time of year. For instance, this school offers courses during the rainy off-season months of July and August. Consider if you are willing to endure extreme weather during your TTC in Rishikesh, and if so, reach out and ask which are the best months in terms of weather.
- The schedule indicates that they practice two asana sessions per day. Before embarking on this journey, ensure that you have the energy for that much asana. Given that you will also be expending a lot of energy in other classes throughout the day, which starts before 6 am, this is one to consider.
2. Rishikesh Yoga Teacher Training Center
Elevate your aspirations of becoming an authentic and dedicated yoga teacher through this 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh. Here, you'll acquire a profound blend of practical expertise and theoretical wisdom in order to empower you to confidently share the essence of yoga with your future students. Beyond mere instruction, the yoga and meditation programs offer a pathway to inner serenity and genuine joy.
Things to consider
- It is great that they offer both foundational and advanced courses. Unquestionably, advanced trainings require more experienced teachers. More experienced teachers are better at teaching to mixed ability groups. In doing this, they can catapult the practice of advanced students and support novice students simultaneously.
- We had a tough time finding their teachers on social media. While this isn’t always a bad sign, we are lucky in this modern age that we can check on a teacher’s online presence to see their practice and if they align with you and your goals.
- Being that the training is longer than average at 28 days, make sure that you are prepared to take an entire month off of work. Certainly ensure you have someone tending to the plants, pets, and other duties and responsibilities at home.
3. Raj Yoga School Rishikesh
For more than a decade, Raj Yoga has flourished as a beacon of yogic wisdom in the heart of Rishikesh, India. Rooted in authenticity, they provide a profound and all-encompassing yoga immersion, delving far deeper than its physical dimensions. Their teachings transcend, embracing the spiritual essence and holistic facets of this ancient practice.
Things to consider
- By all means, practice with their teachers on YouTube. It is a great resource when schools offer free content online. In this way, you get to see if their teaching practice aligns with your needs and interests.
- It is not clear from their website how many students are in the training. Check up on this. Basically, with too many students, you don’t get the personal attention that you want during training. Conversely, with too few students, you lose the opportunity to learn and receive feedback from your peers.
- Beware of multi-style trainings. Remember that a 200 hour course is all in all a foundational course. So, time is actually quite precious and to scatter the focus in too many directions may turn you into a jack-of-all-trades, master of none.
4. Hari Om Yoga Vidya School Rishikesh
Step into a world of tranquility and peace at Hari Om Yoga Vidya School in Rishikesh. This esteemed institution is dedicated to enriching lives with transformative yoga practices. Here, you will learn from genuine sources, understanding that yoga is not just a fleeting practice but a lifelong journey. As you journey within, you'll unearth the essence of your very existence and the profound depths of your being.
Things to consider
- This school offers Hatha, Kundalini and Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga in their training. While they are all incredible on their own, they are worlds away in terms of yoga styles. A 200h training with all of these styles may limit your ability to develop expertise.
- The sample schedule on their website indicates 3.5 hours of asana practice per day. This could get physically tiring, especially when paired with a full schedule of theory-based classes, workshops, and socializing in between. And ask yourself: At the expense of which module will you practice 3.5 hours of asana per day?
- The English on their website is a bit difficult to understand. For this reason, with so much content on offer during their 200-hour course, make sure that they have a course manual that is user-friendly, clear, and easy to read. You will want to have this as a resource for many years.
5. Rishikesh Ashtanga Yoga School
Rishikesh Ashtanga Yoga School holds the belief that yoga is a universal practice, meant for all. This perspective underlines their courses which are meticulously crafted to be inclusive and approachable. It's structured to encourage growth and progress in your practice, regardless of your level. Within the nurturing environment of their yoga school in Rishikesh, both beginners and experienced yogis find the assistance and direction necessary to evolve into adept and self-assured teachers.
Things to consider
- Check out their video testimonials! This is a great way to hear from real students about their experiences throughout the course. For more tips, download our free guide.
- Find out who is actually teaching each module, and make sure they are experts in this field. Try to practice with them before committing to 200 hours.
- Always check out the location of the center to make sure the environment is quiet, peaceful, and conducive to learning.
6. Haritha Yogshala, Yoga Teacher Training Rishikesh
This comprehensive course serves as an ideal platform to enhance both your practice and understanding of yoga. With a curriculum spanning 200 hours, participants are guided to an intermediate level of yoga expertise. Through immersive lessons and dedicated yoga practice, this training fosters your evolution into a confident and proficient yoga teacher.
Things to consider
- It is not clear how many students they accept per course. This is important because with too many students, you may not get the individual attention you need. On the other hand, with too few students, you lack the opportunity for peer feedback and real teaching practice.
- Their training is 24 days. This is a good amount of time to deepen your practice and learn valuable skills, without taking too much time away from home life.
- Can you find links to the teachers' social media? Social media can be a useful tool to discover more about the teachers’ practice and teaching style.
7. Rishikesh Vinyasa Yoga School
The program is focused on Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and Vinyasa Flow. The length of their 200-hour training is 24 days, and they also offer 300-hour programs for those who are already yoga teachers.
Things to consider
- You will practice asana twice per day, meaning that you will be doing physical yoga for 3,5 hours/day! Ask yourself if you are ready for this much asana in addition to all of the other classes you attend throughout the day.
- Yoga teacher training in India is best for traditional yoga styles such as Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga. It is good to know that Vinyasa Flow Yoga is a style that was invented in the West by Western teachers. In view of this, there is no heritage of Flow Yoga in India.
- See if you can find more info about their teachers. It is good practice to check up on your teachers and make sure that their teaching style resonates with you.
8. Tattvaa Yogashala Rishikesh
Tattvaa offers 200-hour yoga teacher training in Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and a separate 200-hour in Hatha Yoga. This school was included in the list as the founder of Alpha Yoga School has completed one of his 200 hours of training with this school and was satisfied. Good and knowledgeable teachers, a traditional school that focuses on hands-on adjustments.
Things to consider
- The focus is on the practice of the Primary Series of Ashtanga Yoga and how to adjust the postures of this series. With this intention, the training is all about practice, practice, practice.
- While this training doesn't focus at all on vinyasa yoga or teaching methodology, you'll come away with a wealth of knowledge about the Primary Series that you can apply to your own practice and teaching.
- If the only time you can go to India is the summer months of May, June, July, and August, Sept then Rishikesh could be a better option than Goa. While being a super busy pilgrimage city, located in the foothills of the Himalayas makes it a cooler option than the heat and rain-struck tropical states of Goa or Kerala.
9. Vinyasa Yoga Ashram, Yoga School in Rishikesh
The school offers multi-style yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India. However, their main focus is on Ashtanga and Vinyasa Yoga. Some asana practices take place outside of the yoga studio, next to the river on the beach making your daily practices even more unique. The overall reviews of this school are positive.
Things to consider
- They offer Ayurveda and spa treatments which you can enjoy during your time off.
- You need to pay 100$ extra for a room with an AC or for a room heater.
- They call their training Multi-Style. Always check what that means. Beware of multi-style yoga courses given that learning everything in a 3-week training is not ideal, and actually ineffective. The job of a 200-hour training is to build solid roots, not sporadically plant random seeds.
10. Rishikesh Yogkulam, Yoga Teacher Training India
Rooted in ancient wisdom, the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course in Rishikesh strikes a perfect balance between theory and practice. This comprehensive curriculum focuses on solidifying the foundational aspects of Yoga. With its well-rounded approach, the course caters primarily to beginners, nurturing their growth in a supportive learning environment.
Things to consider
- This course targets mostly beginners, so those who already have an established practice may want to dive deeper than the material that this course offers.
- Lots of helpful reviews are available on their site. Reviews are in fact an excellent resource, as you get to hear from real students!
- Check on the number of students per course. Certainly, you want to get personal attention while also being able to socialize and learn from some of the greatest teachers: your fellow students.
Your journey to success in yoga begins with choosing the best yoga teacher training in Rishikesh for you.
We understand it's a daunting process, given the investment of your time and money. Don't take a leap of faith!
If you're overwhelmed with questions, and hoping for some guidance, look no further.
We've curated all the frequently asked questions about Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh and addressed each one. Bypass the common pitfalls and make a decisive choice with our expert guide.
If you are interested in learning more about Alpha Yoga School, you can always visit us in beautiful Goa or picturesque Greece!
Remember, the quality of your yoga teacher training is definitely more important than the location.
However, a nice location definitely makes for a more pleasant experience! Our yoga courses in India take place in stunning Goa with its famous beaches and gorgeous nature. We have also carefully selected retreat centers in the Greek islands to host courses in serene locations that you will be dreaming of for years to come.
We offer a foundational yoga teacher training course thoughtfully designed to cater to yogis of all experience levels.
Whether you're a seasoned practitioner or just starting your yoga adventure, this course is tailor-made to meet you where you are.
Central to this immersive experience are two foundational yoga styles: the dynamic Vinyasa Flow Yoga and the traditional Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga method. These styles serve as the backdrop upon which your yoga practice will blossom.
The heart of our program highlights alignment, teaching skills, and the art of physical assists. With dedication, we coach you toward excellent alignment in your practice. But this course is more than just personal growth—it's about empowering you to guide others on their yoga journey. By honing your teaching skills, you'll emerge as a confident and sought-after yoga instructor.
The backdrop of natural beauty elevates relaxation to an art form, allowing you to steep in our locations’ tranquil, enchanting essence.
At Alpha Yoga School we're passionate about helping you to practice yoga safely and correctly.
Our training program is designed to give you a solid foundation in yoga, so you can build your practice with confidence and ease. We believe everyone deserves the opportunity to experience the benefits of yoga, which is why we're committed to providing a safe and supportive learning environment. With our guidance, you'll be able to practice yoga anywhere, anytime, and without the need for outside assistance. And who knows, one day, you might decide that you want to inspire others to follow in your footsteps!