Mastering wise choices so you can choose the best yoga teacher training in Goa
Attention aspiring yogis!
Thinking about researching for the best Yoga Teacher Training in Goa? Choose wisely! Our expert guide will help you find the best program for your needs.
Yoga teacher training courses are becoming more available worldwide every year. Yet, India, as the birthplace of yoga, remains a top choice for aspiring instructors. With its beautiful beaches, lush nature, and tranquil atmosphere, Goa provides a perfect setting to dive deep into your yoga practice and studies. If you're considering Goa for your yoga instructor training, this article is for you!
Prevent unexpected surprises by carefully evaluating essential factors before choosing a YTT. To help you make an informed decision about your yoga teacher training, download our comprehensive guide and checklist. Access them before exploring our Top 10 List!
Goa offers numerous Yoga Teacher Training courses.
The sheer number of options can be simply overwhelming.
So, the real difficulty lies in choosing the best Yoga Teacher Training School that matches YOUR preferences and needs.
Moreover, many of our 200-hour YTT students, before joining Alpha Yoga School, have encountered a similar process of exploration and rediscovery.
But, there's no need to worry. We put in the effort to handpick the finest 10 yoga programs in Goa, and we are thrilled to reveal them to you here! The decision is yours.
But, we have a confession to make.
We engaged in a little mischief... We intentionally sought out flaws in these 10 yoga schools in Goa. It's like playing a game of "Where’s Waldo?!" Let it be known that we hold these yoga schools in high regard; that's why we selected them. Our intention was to create that enlightening "aha!" moment—where you discover something you hadn't previously thought of.
We call these "Things to consider", and we hope they'll be like a lightbulb moment for you.
But wait, there's more to share!
We discovered one school so impeccable that we couldn't find a single flaw in it. And that extraordinary school is... (drumroll, please)... Alpha Yoga School—our very own. Yes, we're proud of our accomplishments! Yet, we welcome you to challenge us. Try to find anything unclear about our school. We’re confident this will only prove to you what we already know. Should you identify anything, kindly let us know in the comments below. Your contribution is immensely meaningful to us. Truly, we have an unwavering commitment to improvement, and your feedback could send us in the right direction.
So, please, make our day!
List of 10 Best Yoga Teacher Training in Goa
|Name||Price||Types of training|
|Alpha Yoga School | Ashwem, Goa, India||from 2475€||Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga & Vinyasa Flow Yoga|
|Himalaya Yoga Valley | Mandrem, Goa, India||from 1275€||Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga & Iyengar Yoga|
|Kranti Yoga | Palolem Beach, Goa, India||1785€-3570€||Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Vinyasa Flow Yoga & Yin Yoga.|
|Goa Yogashala | Agonda, Goa, India||1000€-1800€||Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Flow Yoga, Yin Yoga & Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga|
|Trimurti Yoga | Agonda, Goa, India||1700€-2100€||Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Flow Yoga & Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga|
|Oceanic Yoga International | Morjim, Goa, India||1,495€-2,040€||Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Yin Yoga & Restorative Yoga|
|Yoga Nisarga| Mandrem, Goa, India||1050€-1500€||Hatha Yoga & Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga|
|Sampoorna Yoga | Agonda, Goa, India||1900€-2700€||Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga & Vinyasa Flow
|Ruh Yoga | Canacona, Goa, India||1200€-2000€||Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Vinyasa Flow Yoga & Hatha Yoga|
|Sthira Yoga | Mandrem, Goa, India||2100€-2900€||Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Vinyasa Flow & Yoga Nidra|
10 Best Yoga Teacher Training in Goa in Details
1. Alpha Yoga School, Goa, Ashwem Beach
Are you ready to embark on a transformative journey into the world of yoga? Look no further than our own 200-hour course, a foundational program thoughtfully designed to cater to yogis of all experience levels. Whether you're a seasoned practitioner or just starting your yoga adventure, this course is tailor-made to meet you where you are. Beginners are supported and intermediate students are challenged.
Central to this immersive experience are two foundational yoga styles: the dynamic modern Vinyasa Flow Yoga and the traditional Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga method. These styles serve as the backdrop upon which your yoga practice will blossom.
The heart of our program highlights alignment, teaching finesse, and the art of physical assists. With dedication, we coach you toward excellent alignment in your practice. But this course is more than just personal growth—it's about empowering you to guide others on their yoga journey. By honing your teaching skills, you'll emerge as a confident and sought-after yoga instructor.
The backdrop of natural beauty elevates relaxation to an art form, allowing you to steep in Goa's tranquil, enchanting essence.
Things to consider
- Our training is specialized rather than a multi-style approach where various forms of yoga are superficially covered. Given the time constraints of yoga teacher training, we believe in quality over quantity. Your learning and practice will be focused.
- You'll immerse yourself in Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, enabling you to master self-practice. This foundational knowledge equips you to practice yoga independently, ensuring safety and accuracy without relying on external instructors. The Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga method assures a profound deepening of your practice.
- Equal time will be spent on creative and intelligent Vinyasa Flow Yoga. This is the style of yoga that you will learn to teach.
- Alongside sessions dedicated to applied yoga anatomy, yoga philosophy, and engaging themed classes and workshops, this blend will greatly enhance both your skill set and potential career opportunities.
2. Himalaya Yoga Valley, Yoga Teacher Training Goa
The two main styles of the program are Ashtanga and Iyengar and even though it’s not clear how much of each style you will practice, we definitely like the blend of these 2 styles. The focus of the 200-hour is on preparing the students for how to teach a yoga class. Himalaya Yoga Valley offers Yoga Teacher Training recognized by Yoga Alliance.
Things to consider
- Prices do not include accommodation. Remember: Teacher training courses are mentally and physically demanding. They often start early (like, really early) and finish late. So, having your accommodation as close to the studio as possible will eventually become an important part of your experience.
- Which style of yoga will you focus on in your practice? Or, which style will you learn to teach? Here it is undefined and it should be, especially since Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and Iyengar Yoga are two very different and unique methods.
- It seems that you will be asked to wear uniforms. Check if they provide enough of it in relation to how often you have to wear it and how often you can do laundry 🙂
3. Kranti Yoga School in Goa
Great location by the beach. Close to everything you might need during the training in case you forget something and trust us, you will forget at least one thing. But this also means being close to vacation hustle and bustle like restaurants, bars, lounge music, parties, etc.
Kranti School offers 2 types of 200-hour courses: One in Ashtanga Yoga & Vinyasa Flow and one in Vinyasa and Yin Yoga. They also offer 100-hour courses in other styles of yoga. Many options...
Things to consider
- It is very important to know who will be on the teachers’ team when you are there. Kranti has a total of 27! very young-looking teachers’ CVs on their website. The question is, how many of these teachers are actually teaching as we speak? Quantity doesn't always mean quality.
- We see an interesting change in strategy in many yoga schools located in the tropical regions of Goa and Kerala. In fact, they started to add courses even during the rainy season! And that is confusing because trust us, the weather is not fun at all in May/June/July/August in India. It actually rains cats and dogs. So we are wondering why they are having yoga courses when even the shopkeepers choose to migrate elsewhere. Check the weather and make sure that while the Instagram pictures show the sun, it won’t rain through your parade. How about going to Europe instead?
- We found some negative reviews on Google Business at the beginning of 2022, so check if all is fixed.
4. Goa Yogashala, Yoga Teacher Training School
Goa Yogashala's main goal is to share the essence of yoga practices in their most authentic form while providing modern explanations. This ensures that everyone, particularly those from the West, can integrate the teachings. Nestled by the shores of the Arabian Sea, they offer multistyle yoga courses. The school's serene campus is embraced by coconut groves, palm trees, and cashew trees along the beautiful Agonda beach.
Things to consider
- They provide a range of training programs, catering to beginners and those at an advanced level. Offering various types of training demands instructors with more experience. These teachers have the skills to propel advanced students forward while also assisting newcomers on their journey. Do research.
- Be cautious when considering multi-style training programs. Make sure it's clear which specific style of yoga the school is preparing you to teach to others. Among the various yoga styles the school might introduce you to, there should be one particular style that you focus on learning to teach. This way, you'll depart with the confidence to effectively teach that style, avoiding a scattered teaching approach.
- It's a good idea to practice with your teachers before joining their course. Do their practice and teaching styles align with your preferences? If not, spending 200 hours together can feel quite long. Remember, there are many teachers available, so ensure you're choosing the ones who truly resonate with you and meet your needs.
5. Trimurti Yoga Teacher Training Goa, India
Like a tree firmly rooted in the soil, Trimurti is deeply anchored in the traditional values of yoga. At the same time, Trimurti embraces a modern perspective, respecting the Western understanding of the physical body. Their yoga teacher training blends the best from both Eastern and Western traditions, and the teaching team reflects this balance, comprising instructors from India and around the world.
Things to consider
- In their three-week course, they allocate one week to Hatha, another to Vinyasa, and the third to Ashtanga. Think about whether a single week is sufficient for noticeable progress in your practice, even within an intensive program. Get prepared to take comprehensive notes, ensuring you can revisit the teachings later. We suggest exploring various yoga styles and discovering what suits you best before investing a significant amount in Yoga Teacher Training.
- Make sure to find out who will actually be teaching your course. Will the same teacher teach you Hatha, Vinyasa, and Ashtanga? It's a good idea to practice with the teachers before you commit.
- The appearance of their Goa center's shala(s) isn't quite clear. PRO tip: It's important to ensure that there's at least some shade and protection from mosquitoes. If they have air conditioning, that's even better, especially considering how hot it can get in South India! In an intensive, 3-week course you will be spending a LOT of your time in this space. You need to be comfortable at all times.
6. Oceanic Yoga International
Immerse yourself in our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training program in Goa, where you'll gain a practical and realistic grasp of teaching yoga. Through hands-on training, you'll absorb all the essential elements of yoga. This comprehensive course delves into the practice's fundamentals and equips you with methods to spread its benefits worldwide.
Things to consider
- This school has graduated more than 2,500 individuals, and they've got plenty of testimonials to support their work. It's always a good idea to check out reviews from past students, both written and video testimonials. This gives you a real glimpse into what the YTT experience is really like.
- Their location appears to be around a kilometer away from the beach. This is worth considering if you're planning to take a swim during your lunch break or looking to grab a meal at a local restaurant. However, it's worth noting that Goa's beaches can sometimes get quite noisy. Being set back from the beach might actually provide a quieter, more peaceful environment.
- Their schedule is quite packed. If you're arriving with a dedicated, disciplined practice, you'll likely feel right at home. However, if you're a beginner or have inconsistent practice, the early and long days might catch you off guard.
7. Yoga Nisarga, Yoga Teacher Training Goa
If your dream is to become an authentic yoga teacher, then this course, certified by the Yoga Alliance, is designed with you in mind. It's all about helping you expand your awareness and grow on both a spiritual and physical level. You'll dive into comprehensive training and grasp the core aspects of yoga, covering theory, practice, philosophy, and history.
Things to consider
- While limited class size is beneficial for fostering close relationships with teachers and receiving personalized attention, it's important to acknowledge the potential downsides. Your fellow students also offer valuable insights and teachings. A Teacher Training Course (TTC) offers a valuable platform – often the primary one – for obtaining constructive and well-informed feedback from teachers and fellow students.
- Their YouTube videos are really useful for giving you a clear idea of what the experience is like in their courses.
- Check out the teachers online, and make sure that their teachings and style align with your intentions and goals. Considering you'll be traveling far from home to spend three weeks learning from these instructors, it's essential that their teaching style and overall approach really connect with you.
8. Sampoorna Yoga Teacher Training Goa, India
The school offers 2 kinds of courses: One focused on Ashtanga Vinyasa and Vinyasa Flow Yoga and another one on Hatha Yoga. Apart from learning the Ashtanga sequence, you will learn how to create your own creative flows and practice them with your peer students. If beach location is important to you, this one is great. Though not beachfront, the sea is close enough to have time to enjoy it in your lunch break every day.
Things to consider
- They offer what seems to be a great Karma Yoga Program for their graduates. By taking the course a 2nd time and assisting the lead teachers, you have the opportunity to repeat and reinforce the knowledge and skills that didn't "land" during the training itself.
- While stalking the school's social media (you should always do that), you may struggle to find content on specific instructors’ teaching and personal practice. Try to get clarity on who exactly will be your teacher for each module, then check their experience. You probably want a cohesive team of teachers whose style resonates with you. They should be delivering experience coming from deep personal practice that would inspire you! You need to be able to find proof of that practice and of their yoga journey somewhere outside of their official CV.
- Their groups seem to be rather big. Check the maximum group size of these courses. The more the merrier isn’t necessarily true when it comes to your education. The ratio of students to teachers will determine the time teachers can dedicate to you. Can they provide you with a personalized approach, so that your expectations and needs are met?
9. Ruh, Yoga Teacher Training in Goa
Meet Ruh - your guide to soulful self-discovery. They’re all about helping you tap into your authentic essence by delving deep within. Through self-exploration, knowledge unfolds. Beyond the physical and healing dimensions, Ruh Yoga presents a grounded, practical approach that sparks profound insights into yoga as a vibrant art and a pathway to spiritual awakening. Their TTC isn't just a course; it's a plunge into yoga's holistic realm - body, heart, and mind.
Things to consider
- Having a limited class size is awesome because it means you get up close and personal with your teachers. They can really tailor their approach to you. And don't forget, your fellow students can teach you a lot too. A Teacher Training Course (TTC) is a pretty cool spot, usually the main spot, where you can get some super useful feedback on how you teach and practice.
- The property is very close to Agonda Beach, which is awesome if you want to chill by the ocean, explore local shops, and grab some good food. The place gets pretty lively, especially at night, so just keep in mind that noise travels, and if you're hoping for a calm, peaceful getaway, it might be a bit distracting.
- From day one, students dive into teaching, getting the chance to lead for at least 15 minutes daily. This setup is fantastic for those who plan to teach back in their own communities, as it builds comfort and confidence in teaching.
10. Sthira Yoga
Sthira extends a warm and welcoming embrace to students from every corner of the globe. Respect and love are their guiding principles. They embrace diverse yogic traditions and lineages, valuing each unique path. Their skilled instructors, deeply devoted to spreading wisdom and practice, bring expertise to their specialized domains. They lay down a robust groundwork encompassing yoga theory, practice, and teaching, nurturing a well-rounded understanding.
Things to consider
- They've got a bunch of training programs available, suitable for both beginners and advanced folks. Running these diverse programs requires instructors with a good amount of experience. Seasoned teachers really shine when it comes to leading groups with all sorts of skill levels. Enquire who will teach on your TTC journey.
- BONUS: The respected founder of this school has dropped a few podcast episodes. Give them a listen! It's a great chance to feel the vibe of the course.
- The number of students in this course isn't specified. Just remember, courses with too many students might mean you don't get as much personal attention from the lead teachers. On the flip side, classes with too few students might not offer enough opportunities for peer feedback.
The key to your success lies in choosing the best yoga teacher training program for you. We know that the process can be quite draining, especially as it involves your valuable time and hard-earned money. But don't let it hinge on luck! Well, what if we told you we have the answers to all your questions?
We've gathered all the popular questions related to Yoga Teacher Training in Goa and provided thorough answers. Steer clear of common traps and make an informed choice with our expert guide.
At Alpha Yoga School we're passionate about helping you to practice yoga safely and correctly. Our training program is designed to give you a solid foundation in yoga, so you can build your practice with confidence and ease. We believe everyone deserves the opportunity to experience the benefits of yoga, which is why we're committed to providing a safe and supportive learning environment. With our guidance, you'll be able to practice yoga anywhere, anytime, and without the need for outside assistance. And who knows, one day, you might decide that you want to inspire others to follow in your footsteps!