Welcome to yoga teacher training on Lefkada Island in Greece...
Your info page for 200hr YTT on Lefkada Island, Greece
Your 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training on Lefkada Island, Greece will take place in one of the most luxurious yoga retreat centers in Europe.
Located in the heart of the Ionian Sea, Lefkada is a premier resort destination. Nicknamed “The Caribbean of Greece,” Lefkada’s turquoise waters, iconic beaches, whitewashed villages, and natural wonders will connect you with the true meaning of yoga while you relax and recharge.
Urania Luxury Villas Retreat Center is a true paradise on earth. This hillside retreat bestows an immediate feeling of tranquility and peace that will make your Yoga Teacher Training on Lefkada Island a rich and unforgettable experience.
Immerse into yoga practice while enjoying stunning views of Ithaca island, the mythical home of Ulysses.
Minutes away from an exclusive wilderness beach down the hill, we can’t think of a more boutique destination to explore the practice of yoga.
If you take this course in April, then you can join our 300hour Yoga Teacher Training in August on Evia Island and have a discount.
Dates and Fees...
200hr YTT Dates on Lefkada Island
200hr YTT Fees on Lefkada Island
- The above prices already include an early bird discount of 200€. To benefit, reserve your spot 2 months before the course starts.
- A deposit of 400€ is required to reserve your spot. The remaining balance is paid upon arrival.
- We offer a flexible deposit policy adapted to the circumstances we live in. Read more about our Covid-19 "You Don't Lose Your Deposit" Guarantee.
- This Yoga Teacher Training on Lefkada Island is residential and includes the accommodation of your choice, breakfast, light lunch, dinner, water, tea, coffee, tuition fees, and study manual. The yoga studio and the villas are on the same premises.
- Check-in is available from 4:00 pm on on the 1st day of the course. Check-out is at 10:00 am on the last day of the course.
- Book your flight to Athens Airport on the on the 1st day of the course (land before 2:00 pm) and book your return flight on the last day of the course after 3:00 pm. A private shuttle bus will be arranged by us.
- Group transportation from Athens Airport to Urania's villas can be arranged by us so that you can relax once you set your foot in Greece. The cost of transportation is not included in the price.
- The retreat center provides students with accommodation as requested but reserves the right to make changes if needed due to unforeseen circumstances.
We get you covered...
How to get to Lefkada Island retreat center
Shuttle bus from Athens Airport and back
Book your flight for Athens Airport (ATH).
Arrive before 2:00 pm on the 1st day of the training. A private shuttle bus will pick you up from the airport around 3:00 p.m. and bring you directly to the yoga center (duration 6 hours).
The same shuttle bus will take you from the yoga center at around 06:00 am on the last day of the course and will drop you off at Athens Airport. Book your return flight after 3:00 p.m.
The cost of the shuttle bus depends on the number of students and the size of the bus. One way costs 50-65 €/person/trip.
Taxi from Preveza or Ioannina Airport✈️
The closest airport to Lefkada Island is Preveza/Action (PVK) Airport, located 60 km from the yoga center. From this airport, a taxi to the retreat center costs approximately 90€.
The next closest airport is Ioannina Airport (IOA) which is located 176 km from the yoga center. Visit www.opodo.com for flights to Ioannina Airport.
Check for the availability of both airports. As our courses in Lefkada do not take place in high season you might not find flights for these airports easily.
Public bus from Athens to Lefkada (not recommended)
This is the least convenient way of getting to the yoga center and we can not provide support to students who choose this option.
- From Athens Airport, take bus X93 and get off at the last bus stop. This ride takes approximately 60 minutes. Walk to the main bus station called KTEL. Address: Street Kifissou 100, Athens.
- Take the bus that goes to Lefkada island. The duration of the bus ride is about 5,5 hours. The buses depart from Athens four times per day. More information and details here: https://ktel-lefkadas.gr/en/1942-2/
- Take a taxi to Urania's Retreat Center, about 60 minutes.
Are you ready to transform your life?
With the correct guidance you will be amazed at what your body is capable of. Redefine what you thought possible.
Most teachers know what to teach. That part is easy. You will learn how to teach it right and why to teach it that way. That takes skill.
It sounds cliché but it is true. Yoga will improve your life and those you share it with. Don’t you want a change? Then change.
Students that loved this course
Joanna and Martin are excellent teachers. Martin will definitely teach you how you should improve your alignment so you actually feel something and get the real benefits. I for instance have always thought that I will have to practice some more years to begin with arm balances but after a good preparatory Vinyasa class of Joanna I was in side crow and other crazy asanas which felt amazing! Thank you for those moments! And receiving adjustments from such talented and experienced teachers as Martin and Joanna is such a treat. To whom would I recommend this YTT? If you love doing yoga, you don’t fear sweating (Ashtanga!), are a curious person and would love to spend a good time in wonderful Greece – go for it!Nora TabeaEngland, UK
This teacher training was fantastic. One of the most valuable things was taking the asanas back to basics — understanding the foundations really enabled me to deepen my practice and correct the mistakes I had been making unknown for years. More than just the asanas, the course places physical practice in the broader philosophy and helped me understand that yoga is about so much more than what happens on the mat.Jenni SmoutEngland, UK
I decided to do a yoga teacher training, not with the intention to become a yoga trainer, but to improve my knowledge about yoga and especially about the physical part - alignment. I did a lot of research to find out which training would be the best for me. In the end I chose Alpha yoga school because of the very personal contact with Joanna from the beginning. Joanna and Martin are very open, lovely persons and funny (especially Martin) and always take the time for you and your questions. I improved my alignment and learned to feel my body with a lot more attention. Also mentally I developed new strength and find back some of my positivity, gratefulness and calmness that I lost a bit in the stressfully daily-life at home.Gesine Matter
If you search for a high quality yoga teacher training, which challenges you, makes you laugh and opens new perspectives of living your life, you should choose this one! It was an incredible time, we learned so much about our own body, yoga philosophy and how to teach in a safe and good way. I came as a yoga loving girl and left as a yoga loving teacher with a bag full of new friends and unforgettable memories. It was on the one hand really challenging and exhausting and on the other hand such an intense, emotional, wonderful time with a wonderful group of people and wonderful teachers!! I highly recommend this yoga teacher training! Lots of Love LeaLea Hausner
You made everyone feel so welcome and supported throughout this challenging and intensive journey. I am definitely missing the group energy and the fun morning Ashtanga and Vinyasa flows! I just did my first Mysore style class and it was a unique and new experience for me. This YTTC will be an experience I will never forget and I'm so happy I went on this journey - thank you for it all!Alex Aitken
This location hosts our 200hr Foundational YTT courses in Europe in the spring and autumn.
The retreat center is a true paradise on earth. It bestows an immediate feeling of tranquility and peace that will make your Yoga Teacher Training a rich and unforgettable experience.
Immerse into yoga practice while enjoying stunning views of Ithaca island, the mythical home of Ulysses. Enjoy a panoramic sea view from the yoga studio, dining area, and your villa.
Yoga training in a boutique location at affordable prices.Check It Out
This location hosts our 200hr Foundational courses in Europe during the main summer season in May/June.
The retreat center is nestled in beautifully maintained tropical gardens just 100 meters from sun-kissed golden beaches of the Ionian Sea.
You can spend free time resting in breezy hammocks, enjoying a swim in a neighboring hotel swimming pool, or hitting the beach in less than 2 minutes walking distance.
2 yoga studios to choose from with lots of Greek heart put into every detail.Check It Out
Here we host our 200hr Foundational courses during the winter months.
This luxurious yoga center is specially designed to allow you to fully immerse yourself in yoga during your training.
It's is a beach resort situated on pristine and sandy Ashwem beach in North Goa, India. It is set on one acre of splendid unspoiled beachfront property, thus providing an idyllic environment for yoga.
Anahata Yoga Retreat Center is located only 70 km from Goa International Airport in India.Check It Out
What students say about us
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Practice Vinyasa Yoga and Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga.
- Learn applied functional anatomy
- Break down more than 50 important yoga poses. You will learn their correct alignment, recognize their misalignment tendencies, their safe modifications, and offer hands-on adjustments for different body types.
- Learn short sequences for 15, 30, 60, and 90-minute self-practice.
- Build a self-practice (home practice) without having to rely on a teacher
- Learn how to create vinyasa sequences and teach your classes to your fellow students.
- Workshops on complex postures. These workshops give a lot of attention to detail and will change your personal practice. The emphasis is on safety to your own body and the prevention of injuries for yourself and for your students.
- Philosophy, meditation, chanting...
We limit our groups to 25-26 students. This is a perfect number for both students and teachers. Students can experience the benefits of group energy, practice real teaching scenarios. Yet, teachers can provide the personal attention students need and deserve.
The course welcomes practitioners of all ages. 75% of the group is between 25 to 35 years old. The rest is either younger or more mature, between 50 and 60 years of age and older.
Philosophy (Indian philosophy, yogic lifestyle, breathing techniques (theory and practice), moral and ethical codes of yoga (yamas and niyamas), classical texts, and more modern texts on yoga.
Yoga Anatomy with hands-on exercises wherever possible.
Teaching Skills will be also put into practice. Everything you will learn in theory, you also put into application.
Alignment and Adjustments could be considered either theory or practice. Firstly you will learn them theoretically. Secondly, you will practice on yourself and other students.
The answer here is yes!
Not only can an injury be a gift to your experience of Yoga Teacher Training, it can also offer so much to the other students, the teacher, and the lessons.
Of course, consult your doctor before committing to this intensive yoga training and receive informed guidance.
At Alpha Yoga School, we understand the benefit of using props and encompass them in our teacher trainings.
We encourage students to experience them in their own practice, as well as in their teaching of yoga to others.