When and where...
Yoga Teacher Training dates and destinations
- Morning yoga classes
- Teaching skills
- Alignment and hands-on adjustments
- What you need to consider
- Yoga Alliance certification
We split our asana classes between Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and Vinyasa Flow Yoga. Thus, you will practice 3 Ashtanga and 3 Vinyasa classes per week.
Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga is a pre-set sequence of postures linked by the breath. Through the practice of breathing, postures, and gazing points, the practitioner slowly gains control of the senses and mind. Over time, with repeated practice, it unfolds into a moving meditation. The mind becomes calmer, and slowly we are able to clear away the clutter. When this happens, the light of yoga begins to shine. This is the transformational beauty of the Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga.
No two vinyasa classes are alike. The morning Vinyasa classes are designed to complement the theory covered in "Teaching skills".
In these classes, you will grow as a practitioner, deepen your practice and learn to work with your body in a more skillful and effective way.
Learn essential sequencing principles in order to create your own Vinyasa Flow classes. Look at the difference between sequencing for beginners versus intermediate students.
The different types of Vinyasa classes covered are:
- peak pose class
- well-rounded class
- peak per-flow
Moreover, teaching skills can include how to:
- demonstrate asanas.
- maintain group energy.
- modify asanas.
- work with a mixed level of practitioners class.
- give verbal instructions.
- use your voice as a yoga teacher.
There will be lots of practical teaching, planning, guidance, and feedback on how to improve all these teaching skills. You will observe, teach and receive constructive feedback from your fellow students and your teacher.
More than 51 yoga postures will be examined in terms of:
- Correct and safe positioning of the body.
- Common misalignments, misconceptions, and tendencies that you may not be aware of.
- Modifications for even the most advanced poses, using props or not, set you on a safe path towards the goal of the pose. This means that wherever your body is now, you will know what is the correct road to take from now on.
- What is the best option that you can offer to your students, based on their level?
- Once your body opens to the full expression in a pose, where do you take it from there? That's where we introduce the "Advanced variations".
- The art of hands-on adjustments. You will get lots of opportunities to practice them with your fellow students. Moreover, you will receive constant feedback from them and your teacher.
Breaking down complex postures like lotus (Padmasana), headstand (Sirsasana), transitional push-ups (Chaturanga Dandasana), jump back & jump through, as they deserve more attention and time.
Learn how to recognize when your body is ready to attempt them, how to progress, and how to teach them to others.
We teach pre-requisite steps that include preparation exercises, appropriate warm-ups, and requirements for the full expression of these postures. These classes will bring safety, awareness, and mindfulness to your practice and teaching. They are a game-changer 🙂
You will explore functional yoga anatomy and how to safely deepen your practice through your body. You will learn about the skeletal, muscular, and nervous systems through a comprehensive breakdown of the regions of the body most applicable to yoga practice.
Through practical application, you will investigate the different types of connective tissues, experience the movements of the joints, and connect with your fascial body.
You will leave with a more profound yoga-related anatomical understanding of your own and your students' bodies.
Yoga philosophy is interwoven throughout the course.
We will explore what yoga really is; its meanings, significance, ethics, and practices in the past and present. We will investigate the roots of the practice; the Vedic tradition and its culture, myths, mantra chanting, bandhas, kriyas, and their meaning.
We continue down the evolutionary paths of both classical and modern yoga practices. You will be introduced to the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, and the Bhagavad Gita, gaining insight into their commentaries.
We will discuss how to integrate yoga philosophy into our everyday life.
This course is conducted in English and it's open to all yoga practitioners. Students with injuries and health issues are encouraged to attend this training.
What's most important is that the applicant arrives with an open mind, an eagerness to learn, and is ready to be a student. If you have these values, we welcome you with open arms.
How is this all possible in just 3 weeks?
At Alpha Yoga School...
This is not multi-style yoga training.
You will not learn a myriad of styles, such as acro yoga, chair yoga, and prenatal or postnatal yoga. You will maintain focus.
You will not leave with the knowledge that is scattered.
You won't learn how to perform anything.
You will not waste time on how to do cacao or fire ceremony, ecstatic dance ceremonies, love circles, etc. You can find that on much shorter courses and yoga retreats.
You will focus on establishing a strong foundation first.
From solid practice and skills, your true passion and favorite niche can finally be discovered.
Prices and details for each location...
Choose location for your 200-hr YTT and uncover prices
200 hour Yoga Teacher Training in Europe-Greece
Join us on Lefkada Island
Yoga Alliance Certification and Educational Categories
- Asana practice: You will practice Ashtanga and Vinyasa Yoga in the mornings so you can improve and advance your practice.
- Teaching Skills: If you want to become a yoga teacher, this course is for you. We give a lot of emphases so you can learn how to teach, stand, demonstrate postures, guide asanas, create safe classes, and much more. Not many schools have quite nailed this module 🙂
- Hands-on Adjustments: You will practice hands-on adjustments on your fellow students from week 1. You will receive constant feedback from your teachers so that you can improve each time.
- Yoga Philosophy: So you can become a better person off the mat.
- Functional Anatomy: So that you can understand how your body moves in space and in the postures and how to avoid injuries.
Listen to students' experiences on their 200-hr YTT with Alpha Yoga.
Your typical training day...
Daily schedule of your 200hour YTT
Do you like bullets? The training at a glance...
200-hour Yoga Teacher Training in Europe and India Overview
Joanna and Martin are excellent teachers. Martin will definitely teach you how you should improve your alignment so you actually feel something and get the real benefits. I for instance have always thought that I will have to practice some more years to begin with arm balances but after a good preparatory Vinyasa class of Joanna I was in side crow and other crazy asanas which felt amazing! Thank you for those moments! And receiving adjustments from such talented and experienced teachers as Martin and Joanna is such a treat. To whom would I recommend this YTT? If you love doing yoga, you don’t fear sweating (Ashtanga!), are a curious person and would love to spend a good time in wonderful Greece – go for it!Nora TabeaEngland, UK
This teacher training was fantastic. One of the most valuable things was taking the asanas back to basics — understanding the foundations really enabled me to deepen my practice and correct the mistakes I had been making unknown for years. More than just the asanas, the course places physical practice in the broader philosophy and helped me understand that yoga is about so much more than what happens on the mat.Jenni SmoutEngland, UK
I decided to do yoga teacher training, not with the intention to become a yoga trainer, but to improve my knowledge about yoga and especially alignment. I did a lot of research... In the end I chose Alpha because of the very personal contact with Joanna from the beginning. She was very open, helpful, friendly and gave me the support I needed. These attributes I felt during the whole training. Joanna and Martin are very open, lovely persons and funny (especially Martin). They always take the time for your questions and wishes. During the whole training Joanna and Martin were very close to the whole group. I improved my alignment and learned to feel my body with a lot more attention. Also mentally I developed new strength and find back some of my positivity, gratefulness and calmness that I lost a bit in the stressfully daily-life at home.Gesine Matter
If you search for a high quality yoga teacher training, which challenges you, makes you laugh and opens new perspectives of living your life, you should choose this one! It was an incredible time, we learned so much about our own body, yoga philosophy and how to teach in a safe and good way. I came as a yoga loving girl and left as a yoga loving teacher with a bag full of new friends and unforgettable memories. It was on the one hand really challenging and exhausting and on the other hand such an intense, emotional, wonderful time with a wonderful group of people and wonderful teachers!! I highly recommend this yoga teacher training! Lots of Love LeaLea Hausner
You made everyone feel so welcome and supported throughout this challenging and intensive journey. I am definitely missing the group energy and the fun morning Ashtanga and Vinyasa flows! I just did my first Mysore style class and it was a unique and new experience for me. This YTTC will be an experience I will never forget and I'm so happy I went on this journey - thank you for it all!Alex Aitken
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Practice Vinyasa Yoga and Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga.
- Learn applied functional anatomy
- Break down more than 50 important yoga poses. You will learn their correct alignment, recognize their misalignment tendencies, their safe modifications, and offer hands-on adjustments for different body types.
- Learn short sequences for 15, 30, 60, and 90-minute self-practice.
- Build a self-practice (home practice) without having to rely on a teacher
- Learn how to create vinyasa sequences and teach your classes to your fellow students.
- Workshops on complex postures. These workshops give a lot of attention to detail and will change your personal practice. The emphasis is on safety to your own body and the prevention of injuries for yourself and for your students.
- Philosophy, meditation, chanting...
We limit our groups to 25-26 students. This is a perfect number for both students and teachers. Students can experience the benefits of group energy, practice real teaching scenarios. Yet, teachers can provide the personal attention students need and deserve.
The course welcomes practitioners of all ages. 75% of the group is between 25 to 35 years old. The rest is either younger or more mature, between 50 and 60 years of age and older.
Philosophy (Indian philosophy, yogic lifestyle, breathing techniques (theory and practice), moral and ethical codes of yoga (yamas and niyamas), classical texts, and more modern texts on yoga.
Yoga Anatomy with hands-on exercises wherever possible.
Teaching Skills will be also put into practice. Everything you will learn in theory, you also put into application.
Alignment and Adjustments could be considered either theory or practice. Firstly you will learn them theoretically. Secondly, you will practice on yourself and other students.
The answer here is yes!
Not only can an injury be a gift to your experience of Yoga Teacher Training, it can also offer so much to the other students, the teacher, and the lessons.
Of course, consult your doctor before committing to this intensive yoga training and receive informed guidance.
At Alpha Yoga School, we understand the benefit of using props and encompass them in our teacher trainings.
We encourage students to experience them in their own practice, as well as in their teaching of yoga to others.