10 Best Yoga Teacher Training in Bali: Maximize Your Decision Making
Just Google Yoga Teacher Training in Bali.
You will get 99.236 results in 47 seconds.
Although some amount of choice is needed, too much choice is, kind of, not even fair!!!
With so much choice, where do you even begin?
What's the chance you make the wrong decision?
Is it easier not to decide at all?
Do you know how many people ignore their calling to become Yoga teachers? Why? Simply because the number of options is so overwhelming. Evidently, they fear making the wrong choice.
There is no reason to delay any longer. In fact, what took us years to understand you can read in minutes. Below are the 10 highest-quality yoga teacher training courses in Bali.
In this situation we are, to the best of our ability, and as objectively as possible, conducting a systematic review. We have actually created 30+ criteria. They fall under seven main categories including the location, teachers, course structure, deposit, fellow students, booking process, and extras.
The criteria are not personal or subjective. We are certainly not playing favorites here. Schools are not paying to appear in the top 10.
Simply, the top 10 yoga schools in Bali are the ones that best fit the 30+ criteria.
The criteria are vast. They include specific things about the course. For example, “Does the website clearly state which style of yoga will the graduate learn to teach”? Equally important, we include more general things like “How long is the commute between spaces where you sleep, eat, and practice”.
Now for the most important question.
Who are we to declare the top 10 schools and why should you trust us? Well, we are so glad you asked the question. In fact, the whole point of this article is to stress the importance of asking the right questions.
With over 15 years of combined experience in the Yoga Teacher Training Business, we have attended, assisted, and taught close to 85 courses. Actually, we have had the privilege of training hundreds of students.
Also, we have made our fair share of mistakes when it comes to choosing and delivering yoga courses.
This experience has given us the ability to decipher between good and great schools. We know what to avoid, what to expect, and what to look out for.
Learn from our mistakes.
Speaking of mistakes we invite you to take a look through our website and find some. Indeed, we feel extremely confident about the level of education we offer. We know how much time and energy goes into designing and refining our courses. However, we hope our website reflects that. If it doesn’t, then make our day and point out what is missing. Please let us know.
Interested in absolute certainty?
So many Yoga teachers are average, yet so few are great. To illustrate, an alarming number of students regret their first Yoga Training because it did not leave them feeling confident or capable of teaching. Don't be one of them. This is not acceptable and it is easily avoidable.
By selecting one of the top 10 schools in Bali we can say with reasonable probability that you will be set up for success.
There is only one way you can be absolutely certain that you will become a competent teacher and strong independent yoga practitioner. That is, of course, if you train with Alpha Yoga School.
If you want to stand out among your peers then invest in one of the Yoga Teacher Training with Alpha Yoga School. And yes, we are that confident. See what our students think!
List of 10 Best Yoga Teacher Training Schools in Bali
|Name||Price||Types of training|
|Bali Yoga School||$1200 - $5000||Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga & Vinyasa Flow Yoga|
|Maa Shakti Yoga School||$1800 - $6000||Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Vinyasa Flow Yoga, Iyengar & Hatha Yoga|
|Power of Now Oasis||$2600 - $3100||Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Flow Yoga & Yin Yoga|
|Yoga Dunia Lembongan||$1909 - $2870||Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Vinyasa Flow Yoga & Yin Yoga|
|Trimurti Yoga||$1800 - $3200||Vinyasa Flow Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Yin Yoga & Aerial Yoga|
|Inner Yoga Training||$1750- $4450||Yin Yoga & Vinyasa Flow Yoga|
|Ulu Yoga||$1699 - $5399||Vinyasa Flow Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Yin Yoga & Aerial Yoga|
|House of Om||$1530 - $2095||Vinyasa Flow Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Hatha Yoga & Yin Yoga|
|Yoga Union||$2000 - $2450||Vinyasa Flow Yoga & Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga|
|Vinyasa Yogashala||$1799 - $2799||Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga & Hatha Yoga|
10 Best Yoga Teacher Training in Bali in Detail
1. Bali Yoga School
Discover the depths of yoga through their 200-hour teacher training in Bali. This transformative course offers a holistic experience that nurtures your mental, physical, and also spiritual well-being. As a result, you get to explore the path of yoga to connect with your true self while embarking on your journey as a certified yoga instructor with Bali Yoga School's 200-hour teacher training program. Share the wisdom of yoga with the world!
Things to consider
- Be careful when considering a multi-style training program. For instance, ensure that the yoga school clearly defines the specific yoga style it aims to equip you to teach. Amidst the diverse yoga styles you may explore during your training, it's crucial to focus on mastering one particular style for teaching. This approach will, as a result, instill confidence in your ability to instruct effectively and prevent your teaching from becoming scattered.
- Their yoga hall doesn’t seem to have mosquito protection, so bring lots of bug spray!
- They hold courses during the rainy season when the weather transforms the island into something different than the Bali you see on Instagram. This can be magical in itself, however, if you plan to enjoy the best of the island, be sure to choose a course during high season.
2. Maa Shakti Yoga School - Yoga Teacher Training School Bali
Maa Shakti Yoga teacher training school’s mission is clear: they’re here to help you delve deeper into the world of yoga and its philosophy while equipping you with the skills to become a self-assured and skilled yoga instructor. They firmly believe in the life-changing potential of yoga, therefore their training courses are thoughtfully crafted to accompany you on your unique journey of personal and spiritual development.
Things to consider
- When you're looking into a multi-style training program, be sure to tread carefully. Again, make sure the school clearly outlines the specific style of yoga they intend to prepare you to teach. Besides, that's their focus - to turn you into a confident yoga teacher. While you might get a taste of various yoga styles during your training, it's vital to concentrate on mastering one particular style for teaching purposes.
- 21 days is a great length of time for a yoga course! It will certainly be intensive, but you have enough time to establish a solid foundation, while at the same time not having to uproot your entire home life.
- Their sample schedule shows a lot of asana and yoga nidra. Make sure that you are ready for that much practice, and know that you will likely not be certified to teach yoga nidra at the end of the course. Additionally, consider that you will be practicing this much asana at the expense of other modules.
3. Power of Now Oasis - Yoga Teacher Training School Bali
Above all, their aim is to lead, motivate, and open the door to self-discovery through the timeless wisdom of yoga. They aspire to offer more than just a certification. Instead, they invite you to join in on an incredible month in a picturesque setting, where you can immerse yourself in the practice and acquisition of profound wisdom and techniques. In fact it is their sincere wish that this experience will truly transform your life.
Things to consider
- Their courses are spread over 4 weeks. Definitely be sure that you are comfortable with, and have the ability to take that much time off of work and away from your family and loved ones.
- They offer unlimited yoga classes with all their teachers, 2 weeks before and after your training. Of course, this sounds like a deal, if you have the time to stay on the island and explore! You get the opportunity to continue your practice with the support of familiar teachers and a familiar space.
- The course does not include accommodation or meals. This means that you need to put in the work to find suitable accommodation for 28 nights as well as organize your own meals. On an island like Bali, this can get expensive and tiring.
4. Yoga Dunia Lembongan - Yoga Teacher Training School Bali
Discover a harmonious Yin Yang Yoga Teacher Training that equips you with the fundamentals of Vinyasa and Yin, thus empowering you to customize your yoga journey while gaining the vital tools to achieve Yoga Alliance certification as a qualified yoga instructor.
Things to consider
- Lunch and dinner are not included, so be aware that the cost and effort will be on you.
- They offer 180 hours on-site, and the 20 hours of anatomy are provided online. While this is included in the price, you may be asked to complete these hours before the course starts. Therefore, make sure that you can dedicate the time before embarking on your travels and what happens if you don't complete the hours.
- Note that the training is not on the island of Bali itself but on the nearby island of Nusa Lembongan. We actually believe that this would be great as Bali is known for being quite crowded. This suggests that a course in Nusa Lembongan is more peaceful and spacious. However, if you want to experience all of the resources, culture, and Instagram hot spots of Bali, be aware that it is about 30 minutes away by boat.
5. Trimurti Yoga - Yoga Teacher Training Bali
This 200-hour yoga teacher training in Bali offers an immersive yoga experience tailored for individuals seeking to enhance their understanding of yoga and delve into its rich history and philosophy. This program is specifically designed for those aspiring to begin their journey as yoga instructors and attain a recognized certification.
Things to consider
- Keep in mind that the center is a bit far from the popular Bali towns of Ubud and Canggu. This suggests that it will make for a peaceful retreat setting, but will set you away from the action of the island.
- The resort is almost a kilometer away from the beach. This is totally fine! Nonetheless, be aware that you will not have a sea view, and will need to walk a bit for some sand. So leave the beach for the weekend.
- The school does not provide yoga mats, and it is unclear if they provide props. As a result, you will need to make space for this extra weight in your luggage or be prepared to buy these upon arrival. Ask them beforehand.
6. Inner Yoga Training - Bali
Inner Yoga Training is grounded in the belief that fostering equilibrium in life is essential. With this principle in mind, they’ve meticulously crafted their 200-hour Vinyasa and Yin Yoga Teacher Training Certification. Additionally, their approach seamlessly melds contemporary, mindful living with timeless centuries-old wisdom. Their teacher training program draws inspiration from the principles of Yin and Yang, guiding you toward a life of balance and harmony.
Things to consider
- The school offers training and certification in Vinyasa and Yin. These are always great compliments to each other in terms of teaching practice, however, neither of these styles are traditional forms of yoga practice. In other words, vinyasa and yin were created recently by Westerners, for Westerners.
- The retreat center is only 10 minutes away from Ubud proper, the center of culture and tourism in Bali. You can obviously spend your free time exploring the area and eating good food with Western comfort at your fingertips.
- We do wish there were more testimonials on their site so that we could hear about the experience of their own students.
7. Ulu Yoga - Yoga Teacher Training Bali
ULU, which stands for Universal Love and Understanding, is dedicated to global well-being. Since 2014, they’ve conducted 150+ Teacher Trainings, certifying over 1000 instructors across Thailand, Bali, and the digital realm. What's more is that their expert trainers boast 10-40 years of experience. At ULU Yoga, they embrace creativity and individuality while respecting the timeless wisdom of traditional yoga as a path to inner peace and joy.
Things to consider
- They offer a 14-day and 21-day retreat. For a two-week retreat, you will have to study 100 hours online before the in-person course. Definitely be sure you have time for that.
- In this multi-style training, workshops are offered for students to try new styles of asana (acro, aerial, yin, SUP). This sounds like fun, though from a professional perspective, it takes time away from other modules where you could gain useful skills and expertise to take home with you. Especially in a 2-week training, things should be super focused.
- They offer an array of courses, which is a great sign. Notably, to offer more advanced courses, the teachers will likely be highly qualified and capable of working with beginners and advanced practitioners with different abilities and goals.
8. House of Om - Yoga Teacher Training Bali
House of OM invites you on a transformative journey that harmonizes the mind, body, and spirit through the principles of Hatha Yoga and Vinyasa Yoga. Their goal is to provide students with a thorough and all-encompassing learning experience. Similarly, their classes are centered around active practice and constructive feedback, allowing their mentors to collaborate with you and share their expertise, ultimately delivering optimal results tailored to your needs.
Things to consider
- This school has robust video testimonials. This is such a great resource, so that you can hear from other students!
- They have many teachers listed on their site. In this case, try to find out who specifically will be teaching your course, and see if you can practice with them before you commit to spending so much time with them.
- When contemplating multi-style yoga training, be mindful of the following: Verify that the school clearly states which yoga style they will equip you to teach. This dedicated focus will boost your confidence in your teaching abilities and ensure clarity in your instruction.
9. Yoga Union - Yoga Teacher Training School Bali
Yoga Union doesn’t offer empty promises; they genuinely believe that what they provide is truly exceptional and has the power to profoundly impact lives. As a result, their course offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime experience, and they can assure you that if you take the leap and commit, you won't regret it. It may be intense and challenging, but rest assured, you will emerge from it mentally and physically stronger. They are dedicated to delivering transformative, life-changing experiences.
Things to consider
- Yoga Union offers courses during the rainy season, so be sure to check the weather when you go!
- Who actually teaches their Bali courses? Be sure to check this out and see if you can find them on social media, YouTube, etc. 200 hours is a certainly a long time to spend with a group of teachers. For this reason, make sure that their teaching and practice aligns with you and your goals.
- Their courses have up to 35 students, which may be on the upper level of comfort. Be sure that you get plenty of personal attention from your teachers. Indeed you want specific feedback to allow your practice to blossom.
10. Vinyasa Yogashala - Bali
Firstly, their course offers a platform for participants to enhance their abilities as yoga instructors and delve deeper into the wisdom of this ancient practice. Additionally, it is equally welcoming to those who simply want to enrich their personal yoga journey and understanding. So, regardless of your starting point, you are welcome to join us as you are. If you aspire to immerse yourself in a yogic lifestyle and seek a truly unique experience, Vinyasa Yogashala is here to provide you with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Things to consider
- The school hasn't provided information about the number of students they accept per course. In this case it's important to consider that courses with a large number of students may result in less personal attention from the lead teachers. Conversely, classes with a small student count might not provide ample opportunities for peer feedback.
- The course is given over 4 weeks. Make sure, therefore, that you have enough time to take off of work and other commitments back home to dedicate an entire month to the course.
- Their schedule indicates two asana sessions per day - one in the morning and one in the afternoon. For this reason we recommend that you prepare physically beforehand because you will need enough energy to wake up early every day, spend lots of physical energy on asana as well as mental energy in your other classes.
The foundation of your success in yoga rests on choosing the best yoga teacher training in Bali for your own needs.
We know it can be a taxing process. Especially, considering the investment of your time and money.
Don't leave it up to fate! If you find yourself lost in a maze of questions, wishing for some guidance, your search ends here.
We've gathered all of the most common questions about Yoga Teacher Training in Bali and have answered them all. Navigate the roadblocks and make an informed decision using our expert guide.
If you are curious about what we get up to at Alpha Yoga School, you can always learn and grow with us in beautiful Goa or picturesque Greece!
Keep in mind, the quality of your yoga teacher training is certainly more important than the location.
That being said, a gorgeous location definitely makes for a more delightful experience! Our yoga courses in India take place in picturesque Goa with its famed beaches and incredible nature. We have also meticulously selected retreat centers in the Greek islands to host courses in breathtaking locations that you will be dreaming of for years to come.
We cleverly constructed a foundational yoga teacher training course. It is designed to meet yogis where they are at, no matter their experience or level.
Whether you have years of practice under your belt or are just beginning your yoga journey, this course has been crafted for a spectrum of practitioners.
At the heart of this immersive journey lie two essential yoga disciplines: the dynamic Vinyasa Flow Yoga and the time-honored Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga. These styles form the canvas upon which your yoga practice will blossom.
Our program places a strong emphasis on alignment, refining teaching techniques, and mastering physical assists. Through dedication, we mentor you in achieving exceptional alignment in your practice. However, this course goes beyond personal development—it's designed to empower you to lead others on their yoga path. By honing your teaching skills, you will emerge as a self-assured and highly sought-after yoga instructor.
The surrounding natural beauty transforms relaxation into an exquisite art form, enabling you to immerse yourself in the serene and enchanting essence of our locations.
Alpha Yoga School is deeply committed to helping you practice yoga with safety and precision. We are an alignment-based school. Correct alignment is needed for a long and sustainable practice.
Our training program is carefully designed to provide you with a strong yoga foundation, empowering you to deepen your practice with unwavering confidence. We firmly believe in making the benefits of yoga accessible to all, and that's why we are dedicated to nurturing a secure and encouraging learning environment.
Under our guidance, you'll gain the ability to practice yoga independently, anywhere, and at any time. Perhaps one day, you'll even aspire to inspire others on a similar journey!