Welcome to yoga teacher training on Evia Island - Greece...
Your dedicated page for the 200hr Yoga Teacher Training on Evia Island, Greece
Your Yoga Teacher Training on Evia Island, Greece will take place in one of the most peaceful and poetic yoga retreats in the world.
Evia Silence is a tranquil beachfront wellness retreat center nestled at the mountains side of Greece’s beautiful Evia Island. It is conveniently located only 2,5 hours from Athens Airport.
The yoga studio, the rooms, and the restaurant lounge area have all an amazing view of the sea. You will practice and study yoga while looking at the yachts bobbing in the bay. Waking up every day to this view is a bit of a dream come true.
And why not finish your yoga session by jumping from Shavasana straight into the cool, sparkling sea?
And why not continue with your 300hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training? It starts on 7th August and you can do both courses back to back.
Dates and Fees...
200hr YTT Dates on Evia Island
200hr YTT Fees on Evia Island
- The above prices already include an early bird discount of 200€. To benefit, reserve your spot 2 months ahead.
- A deposit of 400€ is required to reserve your spot. The remaining balance is paid upon arrival.
- We offer a flexible deposit policy adapted to the circumstances we live in. Read more about our Covid-19 "You Don't Lose Your Deposit" Guarantee.
- What's included? This Yoga Teacher Training on Evia Island is residential and includes the accommodation of your choice, breakfast, snacks, dinner, water, tea, coffee, tuition fees, and your study manual. The yoga studio and the rooms are located in the same building. Meals on all days, including your days off, are all included in the price.
- Check-in is available from 2:00 pm on the 1st day of the course. Registration takes place from 4:30-5:30, welcome meeting @ 5:30, and welcome dinner @ 7:00 pm. Check-out is at 11:00 am on the last day of the course.
- Book your flight to Athens Airport on the 1st day of the course (land before 2:00 pm) and book your return flight on the last day of the course after 10:00 am. Shared minibusses among the students will be arranged by us.
- Group transportation from Athens Airport to Evia Silence can be arranged by us so that you can relax once you set your foot in Greece. The cost of transportation is not included in the price and costs around 45 euros one way when shared.
- The retreat center provides students with accommodation as requested but reserves the right to make changes if needed due to unforeseen circumstances.
We get you covered...
How to get to Evia Island retreat center
Evia is the second-largest Greek island and is conveniently located a 2.5-hour drive from Athens Airport. It's connected with the mainland through a bridge, therefore the island can be easily reached by car. No need to take a ferry.
Shared Minibus or taxi from Athens Airport
Once you book your flights, you will need to share your complete travel details on a Google Drive Excel Sheet. We will then arrange minibusses for you and the rest of the group.
The cost of the minibus depends on the number of students. Usually, it's around 40-45 €/person. The cost of a private taxi is around 120 € per person/trip.
The driver meets all students at the airport and brings them directly to the Evia Silence Retreat center.
Public buses and then a taxi
You can combine two public buses from Athens Airport and a taxi.
From the airport, take Express Bus X93 (6 euros) and get off at Liosion Intercity Bus Station. This ride will take about 45 minutes.
Walk to KTEL building (Intercity Bus Station) and find the bus that takes you to Aliveri, Evia. The ticket costs 12 euros and the ride will take 2,5 hours.
Ask the bus driver what time they will reach Aliveri town and send that time to us so that we can arrange your taxi from there to the retreat center (27 km away) as there is no other way to get there. This taxi will cost about 25 -30€/person.
Rent a car
Drive until you reach Agia Marina Harbor in the Marathonas area.
Take the ferry from Agia Marina Harbor to Nea Steira Harbor (port). Then drive about 24 km (30 minutes) until you reach the retreat center. The ferry costs person is 5 €/person and 15 €/for your car.
You can also drive to Eretria, take a ferry for 30 minutes and then drive another hour until you reach Evia Silence retreat center.
Are you ready to transform your life?
With the correct guidance you will be amazed at what your body is capable of. Redefine what you thought possible.
Most teachers know what to teach. That part is easy. You will learn how to teach it right and why to teach it that way. That takes skill.
It sounds cliché but it is true. Yoga will improve your life and those you share it with. Don’t you want a change? Then change.
Students that loved this course
Joanna and Martin are excellent teachers. Martin will definitely teach you how you should improve your alignment so you actually feel something and get the real benefits. I for instance have always thought that I will have to practice some more years to begin with arm balances but after a good preparatory Vinyasa class of Joanna I was in side crow and other crazy asanas which felt amazing! Thank you for those moments! And receiving adjustments from such talented and experienced teachers as Martin and Joanna is such a treat. To whom would I recommend this YTT? If you love doing yoga, you don’t fear sweating (Ashtanga!), are a curious person and would love to spend a good time in wonderful Greece – go for it!Nora TabeaEngland, UK
This teacher training was fantastic. One of the most valuable things was taking the asanas back to basics — understanding the foundations really enabled me to deepen my practice and correct the mistakes I had been making unknown for years. More than just the asanas, the course places physical practice in the broader philosophy and helped me understand that yoga is about so much more than what happens on the mat.Jenni SmoutEngland, UK
I decided to do a yoga teacher training, not with the intention to become a yoga trainer, but to improve my knowledge about yoga and especially about the physical part - alignment. I did a lot of research to find out which training would be the best for me. In the end I chose Alpha yoga school because of the very personal contact with Joanna from the beginning. She convinced me somehow to do the training and with her very open, helpfulness and friendly attitude she gave me the support I needed. These attributes I felt during my whole training. Joanna and Martin are very open, lovely persons and funny (especially Martin). They always take the time for you and your questions and wishes. During the whole training Joanna and Martin were very close with the whole group. I improved my alignment and learned to feel my body with a lot more attention. Also mentally I developed new strength and find back some of my positivity, gratefulness and calmness that I lost a bit in the stressfully daily-life at home.Gesine Matter
If you search for a high quality yoga teacher training, which challenges you, makes you laugh and opens new perspectives of living your life, you should choose this one! It was an incredible time, we learned so much about our own body, yoga philosophy and how to teach in a safe and good way. I came as a yoga loving girl and left as a yoga loving teacher with a bag full of new friends and unforgettable memories. It was on the one hand really challenging and exhausting and on the other hand such an intense, emotional, wonderful time with a wonderful group of people and wonderful teachers!! I highly recommend this yoga teacher training! Lots of Love LeaLea Hausner
You made everyone feel so welcome and supported throughout this challenging and intensive journey. I am definitely missing the group energy and the fun morning Ashtanga and Vinyasa flows! I just did my first Mysore style class and it was a unique and new experience for me. This YTTC will be an experience I will never forget and I'm so happy I went on this journey - thank you for it all!Alex Aitken
What students say about us
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Practice Vinyasa Yoga and Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga.
- Learn applied functional anatomy
- Break down more than 50 important yoga poses. You will learn their correct alignment, recognize their misalignment tendencies, their safe modifications, and offer hands-on adjustments for different body types.
- Learn short sequences for 15, 30, 60, and 90-minute self-practice.
- Build a self-practice (home practice) without having to rely on a teacher
- Learn how to create vinyasa sequences and teach your classes to your fellow students.
- Workshops on complex postures. These workshops give a lot of attention to detail and will change your personal practice. The emphasis is on safety to your own body and the prevention of injuries for yourself and for your students.
- Philosophy, meditation, chanting...
We limit our groups to 25-26 students. This is a perfect number for both students and teachers. Students can experience the benefits of group energy, practice real teaching scenarios. Yet, teachers can provide the personal attention students need and deserve.
The course welcomes practitioners of all ages. 75% of the group is between 25 to 35 years old. The rest is either younger or more mature, between 50 and 60 years of age and older.
Philosophy (Indian philosophy, yogic lifestyle, breathing techniques (theory and practice), moral and ethical codes of yoga (yamas and niyamas), classical texts, and more modern texts on yoga.
Yoga Anatomy with hands-on exercises wherever possible.
Teaching Skills will be also put into practice. Everything you will learn in theory, you also put into application.
Alignment and Adjustments could be considered either theory or practice. Firstly you will learn them theoretically. Secondly, you will practice on yourself and other students.
The answer here is yes!
Not only can an injury be a gift to your experience of Yoga Teacher Training, it can also offer so much to the other students, the teacher, and the lessons.
Of course, consult your doctor before committing to this intensive yoga training and receive informed guidance.
At Alpha Yoga School, we understand the benefit of using props and encompass them in our teacher trainings.
We encourage students to experience them in their own practice, as well as in their teaching of yoga to others.